INTERMEDIATE COURSE: Level I
Total duration – 33 minutes
Scales duration – 29 minutes
- Intermediate vocal warm-ups and cool-downs;
- Practice regime for your intermediate scales, songs, when and where to practice;
- Specifically designed intermediate warm-up technique;
- Posture and movement during your singing workout;
- Level I, Module 1 scales workout – 8 singing scales.
Total duration – 42 minutes
Scales duration – 39 minutes
- Choosing and preparing intermediate songs that best suit your voice;
- Intermediate microphone technique;
- Level I, Module 2 scales workout – 8 different scales;
- Intermediate pitching and ear training scales.
Total duration – 50 minutes
Scales duration – 35 minutes
- Intermediate stage presentation;
- The 3 most important factors when singing a song explained;
- Breaking down and working through an intermediate song;
- Level I, Module 3 scales workout consisting of 8 different scales;
- Correct diaphragmatic breathing techniques;
- Level I, Module 3 scale – VBC (vocal breath control);
- Preparing for your Intermediate Course: Level I examination.
INTERMEDIATE COURSE: Level II
Total duration – 35 minutes
Scales duration – 27 minutes
- Correct holding of the microphone, grips and using the microphone stand;
- Intermediate cold and flu management;
- Intermediate physical exercise regime for singers;
- Intermediate level II diaphragmatic breathing techniques;
- Level II, Module 1 scales workout – 6 different scales;
- Intermediate level II, Module 1 VBC (vocal breath control) scale.
Total duration – 46 minutes
Scales duration – 33 minutes
- Explanation of difference between a backing vocal and harmony;
- Harmonies, how and where to use them;
- The difference between a vowel and lyric harmony, and where to use them;
- 2 specifically designed harmony scales;
- Crowd interaction and connecting with the audience;
- Level II, Module 2 scales workout – 7 different scales;
- Level II, Module 2- VBC (vocal breath control) scale.
Total duration – 56 minutes
Scales duration – 47 minutes
- Working through and breaking down an intermediate song;
- The importance of diaphragmatic support and control;
- Level II, Module 3 scales workout – 6 different scales;
- Level II, Module 3 VBC (vocal breath control) scale;
- Intermediate pitch and ear training scales;
- Preparing for your Intermediate Course: Level II examination.
Grand Total Intermediate Course Duration – 4 hours 22 minutes
Grand Total Intermediate Course Scales Duration – 3 hours 30 minutes
After completing these 6 intermediate courses you should develop a lot more strength, power, projection, stamina; be able to hold and support long notes very well, better control movement from one note to the next. Should develop techniques and know-how regarding singing when you are sick or just not feeling well. Acquire good understanding of microphone technique and stage presentation, of harmonies and where to use them. Very good vocal breathing, singing breath control and general confidence in your vocal abilities – to sing and present intermediate songs within your range to a very good standard.