Singing is one of the most desired skills to learn, according to Google. And you want to learn to sing, improve your voice, develop beginner to professional singing techniques SAFELY and FAST – this is why you are reading this, right? But what do you do if there are no suitable teachers in your area? Or lessons not as affordable as you’d like? Or hard to fit into your busy schedule? Or you are to shy to sing in front of other people?
Easy – take an online singing course!
As with every online-based learning program, there are ways to determine which is right for you, and what to avoid. Here are some valuable tips on how to find the best online singing course for your vocal needs.
1.Write down a few words or goals about what you want to achieve from singing course. Do you want to improve your vocal tone, confidence, vocal range, breathing, pitch, stamina, strength, technique, control, harmonies, vocal health, stage presentation? i.e. Do you want classical or a contemporary course? (the difference) What genre of music are you most interested in?
2. Now you know what you want to achieve, do some research. This is similar to choosing a car or a university. This is an investment. And choosing the right singing course is going to save you a lot of time, money and improve your voice quickly.
Research on the Internet what you were looking for, e.g contemporary singing courses, R&B singing courses, Rock singing courses, children’s singing courses, adult singing courses, Best singing courses. Read the reviews, read there website and see what they can offer you. Make sure that you feel that this course is going to give you what you need vocally.
3.Now that you have done your research and narrowed down your choices to 2 or 3 singing courses. Compare them to each other. Write down the pros and cons of each. If you have any questions have no hesitation to email or ring the establishment.
The course sure will surely:
- Respond to you promptly and be extremely helpful.
- Be willing and able to answer any and all of your questions. If they are unwilling, not prepared or cannot help you out or answer your questions, do not go ahead with the course.
- All courses should guarantee the services they are able to provide you with.
- A good indication of whether the course structure will be easy to understand and navigate is whether the website is easy to understand and navigate.
4. The course should give you FREE sample courses or demonstrations. The course does not offer free sample courses, do not do the course. You should be able to try before you buy and get a good feel for what the courses are like.
5. Now that you have sampled the free course literature and chosen your desired online singing course. Sign up! The course should be easy to pay and sign up for. The course literature, videos and tutorials should be easy to understand and follow. If you practice most days you should feel that you’re making steady progress and vocally improve within the first 3 to 4 weeks. If you’re not progressing ask the instructors why? Your course should also be following a learning management system, meaning you have a guided structure that you must follow and Mark complete for every task, tutorial, scale or video.
6. There should also be regular quizzes, tests and examinations that do not let me move to the next section or to the course until these are passed. Should also be free to ask the tutors of the course questions and guidance any problems or situations with the course.
The bottom line is that you should be feeling that you’re making steady progress with your vocal course and that you have continual access to the scales and skills so that you can go back and practice them if need be to maintain the skills and vocal level that you have already achieved! Until here!
Empower Your Voice!